Erasmus+ programme of the EU Commission
Cooperation partnerships in adult education
- HORIZONTAL: Inclusion and diversity in all fields of education, training, youth and sport
- ADU: Improving the competences of educators and other adult education staff
- ADU: Improving the availability of high-quality learning opportunities for adults
The EU Gender Equality Strategy 2020-2025, based on the results of the 2014 survey by FRA, places high priority on ending GBV and challenging gender stereotypes, pointing out that GBV is a continuous threat to women’s wellbeing.
The prevention of GBV and dismantling of gender stereotypes in all 5 participating countries (The Netherlands, Cyprus, Belgium, Greece and Austria) is a major issue, especially now with lockdowns to contain the coronavirus led to spikes in domestic violence reports across EU (EIGE, 2020).
The project envisions to work towards a holistic approach to prevent GBV through different integration activities that will build the knowledge and skills of women and men living in rural areas, as well as their competences to act as active bystanders and agents of change and influence their communities to tackle normalized behaviours
“UNROOT” will directly involve adult women and men in rural areas who do not have equal access as their urban counterparts to engage in relevant activities as well as adult support workers and trainers who work closely with the topic of GBV and support women in rural and non-urban localities.
UNROOT sets a clear methodological and strategical path for developing resources for the primary prevention of gender-based violence.
- Adult women and men in rural areas
- Adult support workers and trainers working with the topic of GBV
- Community Leaders/Stakeholders